I will preface this with the note that this is about my family and I and the fact that no matter how many times I said Martin and I were done with the adoption thing they seemed to hold out hope , which is good , except when we recently decided to close the file altogether they suddenly cried "What ? you never told us " and a huge fight ensued. We , will all be fine but I felt compelled to write this at 2 am. Good night my friends sleep well. and We will go on to brighter days !
Just because you didn’t hear
Doesn’t mean I didn’t say it
The choice was never yours to make
Your anger cannot sway it
We tried; we prayed we did our best
There’s nothing more we can do
Sometimes the only thing that’s left
Is the thing we cannot argue
Let go, move on
Take on each day
With a different outlook
It’s not the end , just different now
We turn the page on our book
Someday I hope you understand
Why these tears do glisten
I didn’t ask for all that much
Just simply that you listen
11 comments:
Why is it that the people who choose NOT to hear the whole story are the ones who bitch loudest about how you handled it?!
Some idiot had the freakin' nerve to try to tell me that my rat bastard dad probably isn't such a bad guy and I should be more forgiving. The bastard tried to kill my mother, and may very well have succeeded in the long run. She's incredibly fragile and on a ventilator. All RB cares about is himself, has not even tried to see her, and I should FORGIVE him?! I actually just don't care. I am done with him. I'll protect mom's interests and not give a flying damn if he's alive or dead.
WTF, kestrel:(
I am so grateful I don't have fambly like that. Hugs and hoping for Mom to rally, surrounded by her wise daughters.
The lowest of the low, that's dear old Dad. what a piece of scum.
ratBastard husband is more than enough shite for me, thank dog.
sorry.
Fern - It's funny what people make about them when it's your decision and yours alone.
I know that was something hard for you and Martin to come to. I'm glad you have come to some peace with the decision... when people push back on such a hard decision there are few things that seem to rub salt as roughly into a wound.
And kes... GRRRRR! People are foolish.
Unknown is Ab... by the way... I am under my other google account and should be showing up as Gatorsgirl but for some reason I am not... weird.
I could have SWORN I left another comment here!!
sheeesh..
A little late to the party as usual... sorry about that.
Like Kestrel said, those who don't care to listen, scream and bitch the loudest when your choice doesn't suit them. They don't live with the fallout, the aftermath or the day to day before and certainly after the chips fall. But OoooOOOOooooh are they more than happy to point out how and where each one lands...
Kestrel- hugs to you and prayers for your Mom. RB will get his. They always do. His actions are not yours to account for. That is the one thing that has helped me through a lot lately.
Beautiful poem as always Sherry. You certainly have a way with words.
Party? Is there a party?
Gracks!
(that was my word verf:)
Sure GL. There's always a party. Just gotta find our host and see if she need anything?
Hellllooooooo
(echo echo echo.....)
Hope all is well enough out there!!
Am I the only one listening to the crickets chirp? lol
Sorry ,lost my stride here.Will have to see if there is wind for my sails or not
Post a Comment