He checked underneath my bed
He could lift me with one arm way up over top his headHe could loosen rusty bolts with a quick turn of his wrench
He pulled splinters from his handAnd never even flinched
In thirteen years I'd never seen him cry
But the day that grandpa died, I realized
Unsinkable ships sink, unbreakable walls breakSometimes the things you think would never happenHappen just like that unbendable steel bendsIf the fury of the wind is unstoppableI've learned to never underestimate the impossible
Then there was my junior year, Billy had a brand new carIt was late, the road was wet
I guess the curve was just too sharpI walked away without a scratch they brought the helicopter in
Billy couldn't feel his legs, said he'd never walk againBut Billy said he would
And his mom and daddy prayedAnd the day we graduated, he stood up to say
"Unsinkable ships sink, unbreakable walls breakSometimes the things you think would never happenHappen just like that, unbendable steel bendsIf the fury of the wind is unstoppableI've learned to never underestimate the impossible"
So don't tell me that it's over, don't give up on you and me'Cos there's no such thing as hopeless if you believe
Unsinkable ships sink, unbreakable walls breakSometimes the things you think would never happenHappen just like that, unbendable steel bendsIf the fury of the wind is unstoppableI've learned to never underestimate the impossible
2 comments:
Your words are as if right on cue. I am facing some challenges ahead and when I just about think it is Impossible- Ha! Someone has to go and call BULLSHIT!
I find more and more, that 'someone' is often me
Hope things are going well in your world. I just read the post with all of the winter pics. Hang in there.
Post a Comment