My kryptonite

There are so many things we all can handle and most all of the women on this blog are as tough as they come, but we all have that one thing,that  just is well our kryptonite . For me it isn't a big thing, more a number of little things.As a child , I was often afraid of what my mother would and could do. Her moods were volatile, and she was often angry and hurtful ,  for no clear reason. This post is not really about her or my childhood except to say  that feeling of fear and being constantly unsure and off balance is in fact still with me and it is my kryptonite .
I can handle stress ,and pain, crisis after crisis, but my home needs to be my safe place . I need to know I can walk in the door and not be worried if I am "in trouble " Now Martin doesn't  do that exactly, but he has bad days too, when those bad days  string into  2 or 3 though , I panic, I am on edge and at odds . he has had a cold this week and  well frankly been bitchy ! with his dad  falling ill again , and my needing to rush him to hospital, I needed home to be, well my den, and Martins reaction to stress is to get more bitchy . I finally said to him "you need to stop, and explained that horrible panicked  feeling I was having . Luckily I have a good hubby who even on his worst day does not  want to put me through hell, so he listened and is actively trying to do better, but dang!
I know this  post is not my best writing , but I am having a hard time  keeping that scared little girl at bay at the moment . Writing this down does help , and as soon as I can draw a  good deep breath I will likely feel silly for this being my downfall, till the next time .
Love to you all .
So what is your kryptonite super women?

4 comments:

GoLightly said...

My kryptonite is feeling helpless. Like I can't fix whatever is happening.
I get that feeling a lot these days.

and yes, my secondary kryptonite is most definitely HusBidiot. Because I allowed myself to love him, even now, when I don't, I still feel like a heel for hating him for what he's done to himself, and to us.
I used to look forward to coming home. That stopped in about, oh, 2001 or so.
I guess my kryptonite is actually me.

kestrel said...

You have a way with words FV...I've been feeling my kryptonite this last week...it's being inadequate. Not being good smart pretty...whatever...enough.

And a messy house makes me crazy too! Hubby is a darling at most things, housework not so much. I just can't handle feeling dragged into hopeless squalor. sigh, a 34 foot trailer and 3 giant dogs, and sub zero temps, and working for crazy people who have my bestest friend having chest pains...that'll do it. Luckily I have 3 days off. Brushing up my resume and applying at another company, and going to a job fair in Dickenson with my friend on Thursday. Time to make a move. I can feel the 'bunny on the freeway freeze' creeping up on me, must outrun it, haha!

One Bad Pixie said...

Good post Sherry. I don't know that I have ever thought about my Kryptonite.

I know the horses taught me early on to face my fears, with anger. If something scared me, I got pissed off about it. How dare you scare me! It's really hard to be scared when you are madder than hell.

Between that, having a man nearly kill me, having literally been to Hell and back & dancing with the devil himself Iin my visit- yeah, not much in life scares me anymore.

I know I am not invinceable, but I don't get scared. I don't run or hide, I just get pissed off and hit things head on. Maybe that is my kryptonite.

Anymore I am working on dealing with that too. I find myself shaking my head and saying, "Walk away. Just. walk. away."

One Bad Pixie said...

In some hppy news, or maybe not- depending on how you look at things, I have finally found my word for the year.

Transitions

Seems there have been many so far and many more to come. With horses we look for smooth transitions- that's the best I can hope for in what is to come this year.

Love to you all.

In typing my previous post, and in talking to a friend,I had thought of the worst things in life I have been through. I realized that I have come through that fair enough- not much else out there worse than that... So what else has life got to throw at us? Bring it!